A nanny can be a qualified child carer and/or be experienced in childcare. Qualified nannies are trained to provide care and education development for children from birth to 7 years. Nannies may be employed on a live-in or live out basis.
ROLE OF NANNY
- Taking responsibility for the safety and development of the children or child. Maintaining the cleanliness of equipment, toys and rooms used by the children, children's laundry and if required, preparation of nutritious meals for the children.
- Nannies are also expected to drop off and collect children from schools and nurseries.
- Taking the children to extra curriculum activities such as taking the children to the swimming pool and library will also be the responsibility of the nanny so as to promote the social and educational development of the children. Teaching children good social manners.
- Play with the children both indoors and outdoors.
- Plan and lead educational activities such as reading with the children.
- Discipline the children when necessary.
POINTS TO NOTE
A nanny is not normally required to undertake general household duties unless this is specifically agreed within the job description.
Please note that nannies are employed by families and the family will have to account for their employees and pay relevant tax and NI contributions.
A Nanny can be self employed if she works for two families (nanny share).
LONDON NANNY SALARIES
Live-in: £350 - £450 net per week
Daily (live-out): £450 - £550 net per week