Trying to find affordable childcare is a big challenge for many families. A Nanny-Share is an arrangement where two or more families split the cost of one nanny who either cares for all the children together in one family home as agreed by individual families that share the nanny or care for the children at their homes at separate times or days.
HOW DO YOU FIND A NANNY SHARE?
We will take the hustle out of finding the other family or nanny, all with a smile. Think of us like your personal creative matchmaker. As a parent, i know how hard it can be with all you have to do each day. So why not leave it with us.
WHAT ABUNDANT LIFE FAMILY CARE DOES.
We have families and nannies in our database. Our nannies are interviewed by our consultants, DBS checked, most are qualified, have paediatric first aid and have a lot of experience.
We take time to know our families by meeting them in person and discussing their family needs. Some families are looking for other families that share the same values, families with children of the same age group as their own children, families near them and some families will want to know each other a bit more before sharing a nanny.
BENEFITS OF A NANNY SHARE
The main reason people choose a nanny share arrangement is to make having a nanny more affordable. The cost of a nanny share can vary depending on factors like where you live, the number of children you care for, the total number of hours the nanny will work, the nanny's experience, and whether or not you will include benefits like paid annual leave, sick days, insurance, transportation reimbursement and more.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO USE ABUNDANT LIFE FAMILY CARE?
£60 for a full-time nanny share family per calendar month.
£40 for a part-time nanny share per family per calendar month.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF USING A NANNY SHARE.
Like every type of childcare, there are pros and cons to nanny share though we at Abundant Life Family Care ltd believe that the pros outweigh the cons.
- The most important benefit of having a nanny is one-to-one childcare, your nanny is devoted to just a few children.
- Control over daily activities, with an in- childcarer, your child's day has a lot of opportunities and you as a parent can easily monitor the development, if you want your child to learn how to swim, music or even explore nature, whatever you want your child's day to be like a nanny can create it.
- Organic socialisation. A parent can get to choose who their children socialise with i.e other children who your child shares the nanny with, make friends in child's clubs as opposed to a nursery where there are several children and your child becomes friends with whoever is in the group regardless of interest, social connections or temperament.
- Consistent caregiver. Research tells us that having a Long-term caregiver greatly benefits the child, you as a parent are able to know the nanny in depth and have control over who is looking after your child as nanny.
- Household support person. Imagine having someone to help with sorting out your child/children's dinner, their laundry, tidying their room etc. a nanny can help keep your household and family life running smoothly, a nanny can increase the time you spend with your child/children and a nanny can increase the time you spend with your spouse too.
- Healthy diet. You are able to decide with the nanny what you want your child to eat.
- Your in control of what your child reads and watches at an informative age.
- Travel care. If you would love an extra pair of hands on your holiday, a nanny is a perfect choice. You can bring along a nanny with you, your family and child trust and know, someone who can pitch in whenever you need her. There is an extra cost of care but for parents having adult time with spouse and friends, one- to one time with each child and some guilt-free time alone.
- Flexibility. With a nanny share, parents who share the nanny make their own rules as opposed to a nursery, which often have strict policies for hours, holidays and sick days.
- Good quality care at an affordable price. Parents have the luxury of having a nanny at half the price. The price varies depending on where you stay.
- Attention. Your child does not have to compete with others for attention, even though the nanny watches multiple children, kids in nanny share still get more one-to-one attention than they would in a daycare, and they are in a home environment, which appeals to some parents. The children get the opportunity to build a naturing relationship with another adult.
- You get to gain family friends too for your children and you the parents.
- No direct supervision of your caregiver. Unlike nurseries where caregivers are regularly observed by colleagues and supervisors.
- Lack of privacy in your home.
- Paperwork and legal hassles.
COST OF A NANNY SHARE
As a guide, the hourly rate is £4.00 - £6.00 per child.