12 WAYS HOW TO PEACEFULLY PARENT A STRONG WILLED CHILD.
Pamellah Mutenga | 4 Apr 2020
1.Remember that strong-willed kids are experiential learners. ...
2.Your strong-willed child wants mastery more than anything. ...
3.Give your strong-willed child choices. ...
4.Give her authority over her own body.
5. Avoid power struggles by using routines and rules.
6. Don't push him into opposing you.
7.Side-step power struggles by letting your child save face.
You don't have to prove you're right. You can, and should, set reasonable expectations and enforce them. But under no circumstances should you try to break your child's will or force him to acquiesce to your views.
8.Listen to her/him.
9.See it from his point of view.
10. Discipline through the relationship, never through punishment.
11. Offer him respect and empathy.
12. If you are a born christian like me, bring your child and all your other children(if you have more than one child) before our Lord Jesus Christ, let the word of God guide you in your parenting journey.
Hi, I am Pamellah Mutenga, I believe that parenthood is a journey which must be enjoyed but it starts with happy parents. The passion to empower parents and help children stems from my experience as a mother; wife, born again christian, christian women's leader, and a professional maternity nurse. Pamellah is the director and founder of Abundant Life Family Care.